Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Peanut Butter "Chocolate Chip" Flax Granola Bars

So, mostly the same story as the granola here. It's hard to find without high fructose, blah blah blah.
Here is my homemade granola bar recipe!


Ingredients:
2 Cups oats
3T chia seeds
3/4 cups organic unsalted peanut butter ( I like crunchy style)
1/3 cups vegan chocolate chips (check the labels!) or Sunspire carob chips
1/2 cup maple syrup (increase to 3/4 for chewier bars)
1/4 t sea salt

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread mixture over the sheet to your desired thickness
4. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the parchment paper from the baking sheet let cool for a couple minutes and put in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to harden

Then enjoy!


Diana's review: "Does this have peanut butter in it? You know I don't like peanut butter. But, I feel like I should keep eating it after my run. I like the chocolate chips" 
Sounds like it might pass a picky kids test?







No comments:

Post a Comment