Thursday, September 19, 2013

Vegan Peach Crisp

Here it is, the delicious Peach Crisp. I found a recipe for Vegan Peach Crisp and tweaked it to fit the things I had in my pantry. I had just gotten a peck of peaches from a local orchard and was looking for things to cook. I had originally wanted to make a Peach Cobbler, but I make my own granola and so I had a surplus of Oats. Therefore, Peach Crisp was born. 



Prep Time: 15 Minutes 
Cook Time: 45 Minutes

Crispy-ness:
1 cup Oats (I like Old Fashioned)
1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour
1/2 T Cinnamon
1/2 t Salt
3 T Agave Nectar
2 T Evaporated Cane Sugar (maple sugar would be a great sub)
1 t Vanilla Extract 
2 T Earth Balance, melted (you can sub in coconut oil)

Filling: 
7 Large Peaches, sliced (don't bother to peel them!)
3 T Agave Nectar
1 t Cinnamon
1/2 t Vanilla Extract
1 T Water

Preheat the oven to 350.
Mix the Peaches in a large bowl with the agave nectar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and water. Set aside. 
In a medium bowl mix together the oats, whole wheat flour, cinnamon and salt. Add in agave nectar, evaporated cane sugar, vanilla and melted earth balance. Stir together until lumpy and thoroughly mixed. 
Spread the peach mixture into greased (I use Trader Joe's coconut oil spray) 9x13 pan. Spread the topping mixture over the peaches.
Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 20 minutes. 
Voila!

I gave the lovely Diana some Peach Crisp topped with a smidge of SoDelicious Soy Vanilla Ice Cream.
Her words: "On a scale of Yuk to tears, this is goosebumps." As you will come to learn, to Diana, that means pretty damn good. 

Enjoy!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment