Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Vegan 13 Bean Chili

So this recipe has been with me for several years. 6 I think. It was a trial and error process, and I've finally gotten it perfect. I have had more people ask me for this recipe than any other recipe aside from my amazingly non-vegan lasagna.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups Bobs Red Mill 13 Bean Soup Mix (I start with this and then add whatever beans I want more of)
2 cans of diced tomatoes (you can always dice up your own!)
2 cans tomato sauce (again, making your own is so easy)
Fresh spinach I use a whole bag of organic spinach
1 can of sweet corn or frozen sweet corn. My favorite is TJ's super sweet frozen corn.
2 fresh jalapenos, chopped or sliced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
Cumin to taste
Chili powder to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste (I usually add this per dish)
Tofutti sour cream (optional)
Fried onion strips (optional, we like the added crunch)

1. Soak the beans 24 hours.
2. I like to cook the beans a little before I put them in the slow cooker because it speeds the process up, you can skip this step.
3. Add all ingredients into a crock pot.
4. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6-7 hours.

Enjoy! It's amazing.
Diana says "It's gooood" (She said be sure to squint one eye and talk out of one side of your mouth, while saying that like a German man yodeling.) I think she likes it.


No comments:

Post a Comment