Thursday, October 10, 2013

Vegan Garden Lasagna

This second post about lasagna may have helped you understand that I have a Garfield-like obsession with lasagna. This lasagna is so simple it literally took me 10 minutes to prepare and will last me a whole week of lunch/dinner.





Ingredients

  • 12 whole wheat no cook lasagna noodles
  • 1 jar Classico tomato basil spaghetti sauce
  • 2 medium zucchinis sliced
  • 2 cups shredded carrots
  • 1 medium white/yellow onion, diced
  • 3 roma tomatoes sliced
  • 1 bag of daiya mozzarella style shreds (optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Pour 1/4 of sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan 
  3. Add a layer of the lasagna noodles 
  4. Layer 1/3 of zucchini and top with the carrots
  5. Add a layer of the lasagna noodles
  6. Pour 1/4 of sauce over noodles
  7. Layer 1/3 of zucchini and top with sliced tomatoes
  8. Add a layer of lasagna noodles 
  9. Pour 1/4 of sauce over the noodles
  10. Layer 1/3 of zucchini and top with diced onions
  11. Add a layer of lasagna noodles
  12. Pour 1/4 of sauce over noodles
  13. Spread Daiya cheese over the top
  14. Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes then remove foil and bake for 5-10 more minutes
Ok, I swear that's the last lasagna recipe. At least until I try something totally crazy, like cashew "cheese." I actually made some cashew "cheese" for this lasagna but I got so grossed out by the smell that I couldn't put it in. I really need to try it though, because I bet it isn't half bad. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment