- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened or 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 cups Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and Earth Balance in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, applesauce and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;.
- Put on wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies.
Combine 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract
Now these were just ok. I think these would rank at "Zombie Grumbles." They were not nearly pumpkin enough. I would maybe go so far as to double the pumpkin. They were very cake like so I think adding more pumpkin would make them more dense and more delicious. The glaze also needed some work. It didn't harden up the way I was hoping so that could use some tweaking. I was thinking next time I may roll them in Maple sugar instead of having a glaze.
Anyways, play with this recipe and let me know your results!